Easy Chicken Shepherd's Pie
A delicious twist on a classic, Easy Chicken Shepherd's Pie may become the family's next favorite casserole recipe. Chicken, veggies, and cream of mushroom soup make the creamy center of this hearty casserole. And to make things even better, the dish is then topped with mashed potatoes and cheese. Toss it in the oven and watch as it is transformed to a one-of-a-kind casserole recipe that is just as good as your classic shepherd's pie. Full of flavor, it's everything in one casserole that you've ever wanted.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 can (10.34-ounces) Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% milk Cheddar cheese
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the soup and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the onion powder and poultry seasoning.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken and vegetables to the soup mixture and stir to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 2-quart round casserole.
Microwave the remaining water in a microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
Add the potato flakes and stir until the water is absorbed. Stir in the milk and remaining black pepper.
Loosely cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Spread the potato mixture over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.
Read NextSpicy Chicken Casserole