This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie Recipe
"Savory with a touch of sweetness, Sweet Potato Cottage Pie is a delicious recipe filled with classic shepherd's pie ingredients. Plus, it's a good way to use leftovers from your holiday celebration."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking Vessel SizeIndividual Oven-proof Casserole Dishes or 7" x 11" Baking Pan
- 1 (20-ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen petite mixed vegetables (to include peas, corn, green beans and carrots)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups prepared turkey gravy
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 green onion (green part only), sliced for garnish