Walnut Apple Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This delicious Walnut Apple Bread has been a family favorite recipe for many years! It has wonderful fall flavors (such as juicy apples, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla), and the top bakes into a crispy crust!"
Makes: 2 Loaves
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
Cooking Vessel Size: 9x5-inch Loaf Pan
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (approximately 4 medium apples)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans and line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl on low speed, mix together the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Continuing on low speed, add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Blend well.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until it just disappears. Then stir in the chopped apples and walnuts.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pans 30-45 minutes, then carefully remove the breads and place them on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before cutting.
NotesWe used Golden Delicious apples because they're "delicious" in this bread. A simple way to divide the batter evenly is to scoop the same number of spoonfuls of batter into each pan. Usually with my cakes, muffins and sweet bread recipes I recommend not over-baking, but this bread turns out perfect when baked the recommended time of 1 hour and 15 minutes. It takes this long because of the juicy apples and under-baking the breads may cause them to collapse in the center. Therefore, bake for the recommended time. The tops of the breads will be crunchy, so use a sharp serrated knife to easily slice them.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 5 Minute Homemade Crusty Bread
- Homemade Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Biscuits
- Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffin Bread Recipe
- Quick Amish Cinnamon Bread
- 17 Addictive Pull Apart Bread Recipes
- Homemade Little Caesar's Cheesy Italian Bread
- Ziptop Bread in a Bag
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Springtime Lemon Peep Brownies
- Rack of Lamb in Parmesan Crust
- Black Grape Smoothie
- Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Cinnamon Streusel Butter Cake with Caramel Icing
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- No-Bake Layered Blueberry Cheesecake
- Spicy Pineapple Salad
- Gummy Champagne Hearts