Simple Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is deliciously moist and perfectly sweetened, with morsels of chocolate throughout too!"
Serves: 12 Slices
Cooking Vessel Size: 9
- 1/2 butter, slightly melted
- 1 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 vanilla extract
- 2 flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 baking powder
- 1 baking soda
- 1 salt
- 2 zucchini, shredded or pured
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve a few for the top)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl soften the butter, stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until all the ingredients are just blended. Reserve a few chocolate chips for the top. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and place a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees oven for 60-75 minutes. See notes for baking tips.
- Allow the bread to cool in the bread pan at least 30 minutes before removing.
To shred zucchini; use a box grater. To pure zucchini; use a food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth, but not too fine. You can also use frozen zucchini, just make sure it's thoroughly defrosted before adding it to the recipe. The bread is perfectly baked when it's golden brown and the top is firm but just a bit soft in the middle. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky, but not wet. The bread will continue to cook a little in the pan after it's removed from the oven. FYI: I cooled this bread in the pan for a couple of hours and it didn't stick to the pan (at all) and came out perfectly.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- "When The Bishop Calls" Casserole
- Old Fashioned Divinity Recipe
- 10 Red Velvet Recipes for Valentine's Day
- Amish Ham Balls
- 10 Boozy Dessert Recipes Worth Celebrating
- Dragon Paneer Chilli
- Holiday Fruit Salad with Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Flour Yeast Bread
- Baked Almond-Crusted Cod
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes