Delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I love rich, double chocolate recipes and this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my new favorite! It's really moist, full of flavor, and loaded with chocolate goodness."
For even more zucchini recipes, check out these 13 Easy Zucchini Desserts.
Serves: 12 Slices
Preparation Time: 10 min
Chilling Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
Cooking Vessel Size: 9 X 5 Loaf Pan
- 1/2 butter, slightly melted
- 1 granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 1 baking powder
- 1 baking soda
- 1 salt
- 2 zucchini, shredded or pured
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve a few for the top)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl soften the butter then stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-75 minutes (1 hour - 1 hour & 15 minutes).
- Allow the bread to set in the bread pan at least 30 minutes, so the bottom doesnt stick when removing.
NotesTo shred zucchini; use a box grater. To pure zucchini; use a food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth, but not too fine. You can also use frozen zucchini, just make sure it's thoroughly defrosted before adding it to the recipe. The bread is perfectly baked when it's golden brown and the top is firm but just a bit soft in the middle. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky, but not wet. The bread will continue to cook a little in the pan after it's removed from the oven. FYI: This bread can be cooled up to a couple hours and it shouldn't stick to the pan. I know, because I cooled my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread for a couple hours and it came out easily.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Biscuits
- Homemade Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Homemade Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 17 Addictive Pull Apart Bread Recipes
- 5 Minute Homemade Crusty Bread
- Blueberry Muffin Bread Recipe
- Two-Ingredient Sweet Bread
- Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread
- Quick Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 23 Savory Breakfast Recipes for Fuss-Free Mornings
- Pre-made Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Up
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie
- Raw Vegan Granola Bars
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Bites
- Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Honey Garlic Dijon Pork Tenderloin Marinade
- Slow Cooker Pastrami Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
- Red Velvet Cake