Delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I love rich, double chocolate recipes and this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my new favorite! It's really moist, full of flavor, and loaded with chocolate goodness."
For even more zucchini recipes, check out these 13 Easy Zucchini Desserts.
NotesTo shred zucchini; use a box grater. To pure zucchini; use a food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth, but not too fine.
You can also use frozen zucchini, just make sure it's thoroughly defrosted before adding it to the recipe.
The bread is perfectly baked when it's golden brown and the top is firm but just a bit soft in the middle. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky, but not wet. The bread will continue to cook a little in the pan after it's removed from the oven.
FYI: This bread can be cooled up to a couple hours and it shouldn't stick to the pan. I know, because I cooled my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread for a couple hours and it came out easily.
Preparation Time10 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 X 5 Loaf Pan
- 1/2 butter, slightly melted
- 1 granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 1 baking powder
- 1 baking soda
- 1 salt
- 2 zucchini, shredded or pured
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve a few for the top)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
In a microwave safe bowl soften the butter then stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
Bake at 325 degrees for 60-75 minutes (1 hour - 1 hour & 15 minutes).
Allow the bread to set in the bread pan at least 30 minutes, so the bottom doesnt stick when removing.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Would you believe us if we told you this is The Best Pot Roast Recipe you're likely to find? You'll just have to try it to find out… Continue reading: "The Best Pot Roast Recipevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Smoked Salmon And Melon Salad
- Spicy Chicken Wings
- Garlic And Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
- Quinoa And Avocado Salad
- Peach Pie Recipe With Almond Cream
- Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe
- Chili Mixed Nuts Recipe
- Holiday Party Recipes – Warm Seasoned Pecans
- Zucchini Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grilled Halibut Tacos With Salsa Verde
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes