Holiday Eggnog Bread
Celebrate the 12 days of Christmas right with Holiday Eggnog Bread! Your favorite season drink can be used as more than just a drink, to create this unique, homemade eggnog bread.
For the 1 1/2 pound loaf, the bread machine pan must have a capacity of 10 cups or more. For the 2 pound loaf, the bread machine pan must have a capacity of 12 cups or more.
To make 2 pound loaf, ingredients include:
3/4 cup canned or dairy eggnog
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoon margarine or butter, cut up
4 cup bread flour
3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1/2 cup mixed candied fruits and peels
- 1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1/2 cup canned or dairy eggnog
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- 1/3 cup mixed candied fruits and peels
- Eggnog Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon canned or dairy eggnog
- Select Loaf size. Add all of the ingredients except eggnog glazeto the machine according to the manufacture's directions. Select the basic white bread cycle.
- To make eggnog glaze; In a small mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar and enough eggnog (1 to 2 tablespoon) to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cooled loaf with eggnog glaze.
Read NextBread Machine Cornbread