Meatloaf is a traditional dinner that everyone should know how to make. It's easy to throw together, so it's no wonder it is a go-to dinner for many families. This Classic Meatloaf recipe is a great quick and easy meatloaf recipe to start with. The oats provide a healthy source of stability. It's easy to swap out ground turkey for ground beef if you want to make this meatloaf a little healthier.
For more yummy meatloaf recipes, be sure to download our free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 cup oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meatloaf mixture into 6 x 10-inch loaf on rack of broiler pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160 degrees F for beef, 170 degrees F for turkey), until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cover and refrigerate leftovers promptly and use within 2 days, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 3 months.
Read NextFork Tender Burgers and Gravy