21 Scrumptious Beef Stew Recipes
When we think of comfort food, one of the first things that comes to mind is a good beef stew. That's because beef stew recipes are hearty and combine so many good things: meat, vegetables, and great flavors. Beef stews are also wonderful one-pot meals that are perfect for a frigid day. You can make beef stew in the slow cooker, oven, and even in a skillet. In our collection of 21 Scrumptious Beef Stew Recipes, you'll find so many great ways to enjoy your beef stew.
Don't miss our free, printable collection of 38 Best Soup Recipes and Hearty Stews.
21 Scrumptious Beef Stew Recipes
Table of Contents
- Sunday Slow Cooker Beef Stew (shown) — When you just feel like being lazy on the weekend, throw this slow cooker dinner together and let it cook all day for you.
- Shipwreck Stew — This homemade hearty beef stew is loaded with ground beef, colorful veggies, and all different kinds of beans.
- Oh My Gosh Beef Stew (shown above) — This dinner can be made in your slow cooker!
- Beginner's Luck Beef Stew — Warm up the body and the soul with some fantastic beef stew recipes. Loaded with vegetables and a delicious thick sauce, enjoy with your favorite slice of bread to clean your plate.
- Beef and Vegetable Stew — This hearty beef and vegetable stew combines flavors for a wonderfully warm winter meal. The potatoes in this stew make this a filling dish and because it's made in a slow cooker, it's a super easy recipe.
- Beef Stew and Dumplings — Hardly anyone thinks about using a pressure cooker these days, but they really are a great way to cook! You can have moist, tender beef for your beef stew recipe with even a cheap cut of meat. Now that's a bargain!
- Campbell's Slow Cooker Beef Stew — Beef stew is a wonderful, hearty meal, and this is one of my favorite Campbell's soup recipes. It's simple, uses few ingredients, and tastes just incredible. Make it tonight and taste for yourself!
- Hungry Man's Homestyle Beef Stew — For those days when you need something a bit more substantial than a bowl of soup, make this delicious homestyle beef stew recipe, loaded with tons of great ingredients sure to fill you up!
- Janet's Beef Stew — This is not your ordinary beef stew recipe...it's better! The addition of orange juice makes it really something special. Try it tonight - your family will love it!
- Shortcut Beef Stew — When you are in a hurry and need dinner on the table fast, our Shortcut Beef Stew is just the recipe for you. Featuring sauteed tender beef cubes, mixed vegetables and canned soup, it can be made in the skillet in minutes. Beef stew recipes have never been easier.
- Beef Stew with Italian Vegetables — With tender beef in a delicious mushroom tomato sauce, this simple beef stew dish is unlike any you've ever tried before! Load up on delicious veggies with this easy recipe for stew.
- Hearty Oven Baked Stew — This "stew" is baked in the oven for about two hours, leaving the meat and potatoes fork tender.
- South-of-the-Border Beef Stew (shown) — A robust stew packed with corn and potatoes (in addition to beef), this zesty beef stew recipe will give your taste buds a delicious kick with a dash of chili powder and some garlic added to the mix for good measure.
- Beef and Chile Stew — This is a great beef stew recipe for slow cookers. The flavors have a good long time to blend, leaving you with a hands-off meal with intense, delicious flavor. Set it up before you go to work, then have yummy beef stew for dinner!
- Beef Stew with Sun-Dried Tomatoes — This hearty beef stew has an extra dimension of flavor with tasty sun-dried tomatoes. Cook this in your slow cooker all day and enjoy a warm, delicious meal as an end to a chilly fall or winter day.
- Polenta Beef Stew — Change up to traditional beef stew by using polenta as a side-dish. The polenta and red wine sauce go perfectly together
If you enjoyed these meaty dinners, then check out these 7 Easy Salisbury Steak Recipes.
- Beef and Brew Stew (shown) — Fork-tender beef and a stew that's loaded with garlic, onion, carrots and more... what more could you possibly ask for out of a delicious beef stew recipe?
- Coffee Beef Stew — I'll bet you never would have imagined a beef stew recipe with coffee in it, but this one is surprisingly good! The coffee adds a richness and balances the sweetness of the dates wonderfully. This is an unusual recipe you've just got to try!
- Dijon and Cognac Beef Stew — When you're looking for a beef stew recipe, it's so often you come across one without a lot of personality. Well, not this time! This one features the wonderful flavors of cognac and Dijon mustard, and they give the beef stew a beautiful balance.
- Whiskey Beef Stew — I remember watching my grandmother make this beef stew recipe when I was just a lad. Once she put that lid on to simmer, we were not allowed to lift it and peek, but once it was done, it was so good!
- Winter Beef Stew — Perfect for a cold winter day, this beef stew recipe will warm you right up. Serve it with crusty French bread, a hearty red wine and a green salad and you have the perfect meal.