Hungry Hobo Beans Recipe
Bring hearty BBQ to your dinner table with these hungry hobo baked beans!
These delicious baked beans are the perfect addition to any picnic or BBQ. This Hungry Hobo Beans recipe is not only budget friendly, but also easy to make. Made with bacon, hamburger meat, and barbecue sauce, this is one of the best baked beans recipes you've ever had. Everyone at the potluck will be asking you for the recipe.
These BBQ beans are so hearty that they could practically be a meal unto themselves, but you can also make these beans to go alongside a tasty pulled pork sandwich and homemade cornbread. It just can't be any easier to get bold, homemade barbecue flavors. If you bring along these Hungry Hobo Beans, you'll have one delightful BBQ meal that will fill you up and keep you coming back for more.
We made our hobo baked beans with hamburger, but it's just as easy to substitute whatever you have in the fridge. Feel free to try them out with ground turkey, shredded chicken, or even hot dogs!
Total TimeUnder One Hour
- 1/2 pound hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can pork and beans, with juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can Pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 can canelli beans, drained
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
More Hobo Dinner Recipes
Looking for more cheap and delicious meal ideas? Check out more of our hobo recipes. They're a perfect weeknight dinner. They can also be cooked over a campfire the next time you go camping.
1. Hubby's Favorite Hobo Casserole
2. Hobo Fish Packets
3. Hobo Beans and Sausage Casserole
4.Cooking Over a Campfire 101
5. PICTURED Hobo Dinner Packets
Hungry Hobo Beans Recipe
Brown bacon in skillet; drain and remove.
Brown hamburger in skillet; drain.
Saute onion then remove hamburger from skillet and place in non-stick casserole dish.
Add pork and beans, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper, kidney beans, sugar, butter beans, ketchup and mustard and stir.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.
Bring On the Beans: More Baked Bean Recipes
Here at RecipeLion.com, we love baked bean recipes! This simple recipe is so easy to supercharge with unique flavors. There are literally hundreds of ways to bake those beans. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Slow Cooker Baked Beans: Set it and forget it!
2. KFC Style BBQ Baked Beans: A copycat that is truly an American classic.
3. Quick Smoked Baked Beans with Celery and Molasses: We're in love with this unique flavor.
4. Macedonian Baked Beans: Unique and absolutely worth a try.
5. Lumberjack Baked Beans: My hubby is obsessed with these!
6. Cider Bacon Baked Beans: A yummy fall twist on one of your favorite dishes.
7. Million Dollar Baked Beans Recipe: Tastes like a million bucks, only costs a few.
8. El Pollo Loco BBQ Black Beans (Copycat): A spicy copycat that is perfect for taco night.
9. Summer Slow Cooker Baked Beans: Great to make before a big picnic.
10. Great Northern Beans: You'll love this vintage take on classic beans,
11. PICTURED Dude Ranch Beans
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Beans"
Find the best beans recipes and pulses recipes, including classic red beans and rice and lentil recipes. Learn how to cook butter beans and the best recipes to cook pinto beans.