Shrimp Fried Rice
Forget take-out and make yourself a quick and easy meal with leftover rice and quick-cooking shrimp. You can add any chopped vegetables you have on hand or in the freezer.
- 4 cups cold boiled rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shrimp (or other meat; or combination)
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup peas (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (optional)
- Beat eggs and scramble them (no milk) in 1 Tbsp oil. Set aside.
- In wok or heavy frying pay over a high flame, heat 3 Tbsp oil. Add scallions and saute.
- Add rice and stir quickly so that rice will not stick to the pan and will be well coated with oil.
- Add 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp msg. Mix well. Now add shrimp and eggs, mixing and breaking eggs into little pieces in the rice.
- If you are adding peas and carrots, do so now. Serve hot. [NOTE: rice MUST be cold or it will stick together.]