Asian Cabbage & Noodle Salad
Loaded with fresh vegetables and a splash of lime juice, this cool and crisp Asian pasta recipe is perfect for a hot summer's day. Perfectly seasoned and cooled so the flavors blend together, Asian Cabbage and Noodle Salad is one recipe you don't want to miss. Don't bother turning on the oven tonight and keep cool with this simple dish. This recipe can be made ahead of time, which makes it even more convenient.
Note that the ramen noodles won't stay crispy in the salad over night. If you plan to make ahead, mix in the ramen right before serving.
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 12 cups), chopped
- 4 cups bagged pre-shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and cut into wide matchsticks
- 1 package ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- zest of two limes
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix together all the vegetables in a large bowl. Keep ramen aside for now.
In a separate bowl make the dressing by combining all the ingredients and whisking well.
Pour dressing over the vegetables, mix very well and refrigerate for an hour.
Once ready to serve, mix in the ramen noodles.
Read NextBudget Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry