A simple - but tasty - fried tofu recipe. Tofu is a mainstay of the Japanese diet, and variations of it are served at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil for frying
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1. Cut tofu into 12 cubes. Place cornstarch on a plate or in a shallow bowl and dredge tofu in it, coating thoroughly. Heat enough oil so that tofu will be half-way submerged.
2. Fry tofu in hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle green onions over tofu and drizzle with hoisin sauce. Serve immediately.
Read NextAsian Braised Chicken Tenders
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.