We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"It contains a lot of vegetables, like A LOT! It gives you a great amount of protein. It tastes like spring and full of flavor. It looks like a rainbow in a bowl! It’s extremely healthy and easy to make. It’s gluten free and vegan! All in all, it’s SUPERB!"
Notes*Recipe partially adapted from Food.com
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 package of 10.8 oz mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stem green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Cook quinoa in a rice cooker just like how you cook regular rice. It takes about 10 minutes to cook 1 cup quinoa in my Tatung Ricer Cooker and Steamer. If you don’t have a rice cooker yet, here’s what to do. Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain. Place it in a pot and cover with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and keep covered for 5 more minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and fluff it with a fork; let cool.
Cook mixed vegetables with chopped broccoli florets according to the package instruction.(Empty frozen contents of bag into a saucepan. Add 1 cup water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes.) Stir occasionally. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
In a large bowl, combine cooked vegetables, red onion, bell pepper, cilantro, basil, and green onion. Add quinoa and pour the dressing over. Stir until even. Dish, serve warm or cold.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Baked Potato Breakfast Casserole may soon become your newest go-to casserole recipe. Why? Because it's an easy egg casserole you just… Continue reading: "Baked Potato Breakfast Casserolevideocam"
- Melanzane Parmigiana
- Quick and Easy Vegetable Lasagna
- Easy Butternut Squash Curry
- Pumpkin Soup
- Meatless Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Grandma's Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Baked Potatoes with Spicy Black Beans
- Zucchini and Spinach Tian
- Kick off lent with these delicious meatless stuffed peppers!
- Italian Tuna Noodle Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Kerala Style Fish Biryani
- Cheese Straws Made Easy With Puff Pastry
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- Southern Comeback Sauce
- Steak And Cheese Skillet
- Easy Baked Pears
- Cheesecake Cake Pops Coated In Dark Chocolate & Coconut
- 4 Spanish Rice Dishes You Need In Your Life
- Pineapple Crab Sticks Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes