15 Zippy Zucchini Recipes: How to Make Use of Summer's Bounty
Now that we've all had our gardens in for a while, we are reaping summer's bounty in the way of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and more. We all know about how to use tomaotes (especially if you've read our article about 22 tempting tomato recipes), and now it's time for you to learn some great ways to use another favorite: Zucchini. In addition to these 11 simple zucchini casserole recipes, you'll find many other tasty ways to use all that zucchini from your garden and learn how to freeze zucchini.
Did you know that you can freeze zucchini? If you have so much you can't use it all now, never fear. Here's how to freeze zucchini:
- Wash your zucchini and pat dry. Peeling is optional. Trim off the ends and cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then in half crosswise (skip the cutting if you are using a hand grater).
- Line a colander with either cheesecloth or a couple layers of absorbent paper towels and place it in the sink.
- Using either a hand grater or the shredding blade on your food processor, feed in the zucchini and pulse until shredded.
- Dump the zucchini into your lined colander and press it down to extract as much moisture as possible.
- Measure your shredded zucchini into 1-cup or 2-cup amounts and put each measure into a zip-top bag. Label the bag with the date and the amount of zucchini you put in it.
- Smush the bag flat as you squeeze out the air, and seal it.
- Stack the bags (laying flat) on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the bags are frozen, you can move them around your freezer and the won't take up much space at all. You can even stand them up to conserve room.
Whether you use shredded zucchini, sliced, or whole, any way you make it, you're going to love these zucchini recipes!
- Cheese Stuffed Zucchini — Amazingly good
- Easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread — Practically makes itself
- Quick & Easy Cheesy Zucchini Casserole — Creamy and delicious
- Carrot or Zucchini Cake with Pineapple — Choices, choices
- Oven-Fried Zucchini Spears — The perfect thing to make
- Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bread — Balances sweet and savory
- Eggplant Zucchini Parmigiana — A fantastic new twist
- Ham and Zucchini with Noodles — Just plain good
- Bisquick Zucchini Casserole — A delightful dish
- Crunchy Zucchini Sticks — Great way to get kids to eat veggies
- Creamy Zucchini Casserole — The creamiest you'll find
- Zucchini Bread for Bread Machine — Easy and delicious
- Tomato Zucchini Stew — The perfect recipe
- Easy Beefy Zucchini Casserole — A meal in itself
- Corn Stuffed Zucchini — Definitely the way to go
Read NextMustard Grilled Onions