Porcini Mushroom Gravy
Porcini Mushroom Gravy is the perfect complement to any Thanksgiving turkey recipes or stuffing recipes. Smooth and creamy gravy recipes like this are the perfect topping on your yearly feast.
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons white whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 5 minutes.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Whisk in flour until blended and continue stirring until roux is lightly browned and develops nutty aroma.
- Whisk in broth, optional salt and onion powder. Bring to a gentle boil until just thickened, stirring. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with pepper. Add softened mushrooms and any soaking liquid.
- Purée gravy in food processor or food mill. Return mixture to saucepan. Heat just to a simmer.
Read NextLeftover Mashed Potato Cakes