Mama's Pumpkin Parfaits
Dessert recipes with pumpkin typically come once a year, but after your first bite of Mama's Pumpkin Parfaits you may want to eat pumpkin recipes year round. Ready in minutes this simple recipe is sprinkled with cinnamon, ginger and cloves to give it that fall-time flavor that we love. With crushed up ginger snaps, it's as if you are eating pumpkin pie right out of a glass. You won't be able to put down the spoon.
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix--unprepared
- Gingersnap cookies, crushed ( I found some called "Ginger Thins")
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. This is pumpkin pie spice.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, pudding mix, 1 cup Cool Whip and pumpkin pie spice.
Mix well and chill for 1-2 hours. In large glasses, layer pumpkin, Cool Whip, and crushed cookies.
Repeat pumpkin and Cool Whip layers. Top with extra cinnamon and an extra whole cookie.