Apple Pumpkin Muffins
This muffin recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving morning! Apple Pumpkin Muffins are a great way to start the day and are full of fall flavors. You'll want to make them all year round.
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted organic butter at room temperature
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-ounces) solid unsweetened organic pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including the sugar and spices and stir with whisk to blend.
- Cream the butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix on low for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla - mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl several times. Stir in the apple.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, fill the prepared muffin cups three fourths full with batter and bake for 25 minutes or until cracked on top and browned on the edges. A wooden skewer inserted into one of the muffins will come out clean.
- Recommendation: Use all organic when possible - organic butter, eggs and organic pumpkin mix (it is less watery than regular pumpkin mix).
Read Next11 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers