Beer Beef Stew
Try your hand at cooking traditional Irish fare with Beer Beef Stew. This famous beef stew calls for two bottles of Guinness for a rich, moist marinade that really complements the meat's natural flavors.
- 2/3 pound beef, cubed
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- beef broth or stock
- 2 bottles (12-ounces) Guinness
- Dip beef in flour and coat on all sides. Brown in oil in batches. Remove to heat-proof pot or casserole.
- Saute onions and garlic in same oil and add to beef. Add carrots, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough beef broth to cover. Add the beer and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Lift meat, onions, and carrots from pot to serving plate with slotted spoon. Over high heat, reduce sauce to half the original volume.
Read NextEasy Beef Stew Recipe
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.