Potato Leek Soup
- 3 leeks, white part chopped in 1/4" half rounds
- 2-3 tsp. canola oil
- 3-4 fist sized potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 6 cups water
- 2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Heat oil in heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Saute leeks in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Dissolve bouillon cubes in 3 cups boiling water. Add bouillon, 3 remaining cups water, and all other ingredients to pot and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Allow soup to cool some and then puree it in food processor or blender. Reheat and serve.
Read NextChili Pot Pie
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.