Homemade Amish Chicken Pot Pie
There is nothing more comforting than this Homemade Amish Chicken Pot Pie. It's not your typical chicken pot pie recipe, but I swear you'll adore this once you try it. Homemade noodles are added to the soup to give it an even more homemade feel. When you want comfort food to be on your dinner menu, give this chicken pot pie a try.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup peas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth (or enough to cover chicken in pot)
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 carrots and celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley and pepper
For Soup Base:
- Use a 5 quart pot and add chicken cubes, diced carrots, celery, onions and peas.
- Cover with chicken broth and add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on med-low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Combine egg, remaining salt, milk and flour, mix well. If dough is too sticky just add a little more flour.
- Roll dough out on flour covered area to about 1/4" to 1/8" inch thick. Cut dough into 1 1/2" squares to make noodles.
- Slowly put squares into the already-made soup mixture and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until noodles are done.
- Serve warm.
Read NextMagic Soup