Ham, Potato and Cabbage Soup
Mouthwatering, traditional flavors come together in this delicious soup recipe. Ham, Potato and Cabbage Soup is great for a frigid day when you are looking for something to warm the body and the soul. A satisfying soup that is reminiscent of mom's kitchen, you'll eat bowl after bowl. Budget friendly and delicious, Ham, Potato and Cabbage Soup is easy on the stomach and on the wallet. Make it for dinner tonight and enjoy!
Don't miss out on even more great soup recipes. Download our free collection of the 38 Best Soup Recipes and Hearty Stews today!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 10 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large potato, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 of an 8 ounce cooked ham steak, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the broth, black pepper, cabbage, potato and ham in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Stir in the parsley and caraway seed, if desired.
Read NextMagic Healing Soup