Lazy Day Chicken Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tomato soup recipes can be daunting because they involve a lot of work and take a long time to make. However, Lazy Day Chicken Tomato Soup is one of the easiest soup recipes you will ever find! By combining canned tomato soup and tomato juice with frozen vegetables, you get a wonderfully flavorful broth that's comparable to what you would get with a completely homemade soup. Plus, the addition of chicken drumsticks automatically adds protein, transforming this chicken tomato soup into a hearty meal. You'll get rave reviews when you serve it to your family!
Sometimes, I don't feel like cooking, In that case, canned or frozen products are good friends. But I feel guilty unless I cook adding some nutritious ingredients, not just heat up or microwave. This is the one of my easy convenient yet delicious recipes.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Rinse chicken drumsticks in running water, pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
In a medium-large pot, heat olive oil and cook garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Take the garlic out with slotted spoon and reserve in a small bowl.
Add chicken drumsticks to the pot and brown all sides of chicken drumsticks over medium heat. Stir in tomato juice and tomato soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low heat, cover with a lid and cook until drumsticks are cooked through.
Add reserved garlic and mixed vegetables, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add black pepper to taste.
Pour the soup with 1 chicken drumstick for each serving into each serving bowl. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and minced parsley on top.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Who doesn't love dessert for breakfast? This Early Riser Apple Cream Cheese Cake is the perfect sweet treat to curve your morning… Continue reading: "Early Riser Apple Cream Cheese Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Halloween Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Virginia Country Ham Biscuits
- Pressure Cooker Irish Pork Stew
- Instant Pot Chuck Roast (3 Ways)
- Spritz Cookies
- One-pan Santa Fe Chicken Skillet
- Best Brownie Recipe
- The Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Version 2.0
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Texas Hash
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes