Black Tea Mini Crackers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The idea comes from a random find – Tea Bread. Instead of making a bread, I wanted something smaller; something with the simplest ingredients that we already have in our kitchen; something different and easy. These mini crackers are very unique in their own way. Their extreme crispiness will make a strong impression on you. The nice fragrance of black tea comes out at every single bite. They are so far my number one baked goods without sugar, so we don’t have to worry about putting on weight while snacking all day. It’s very “safe” to have them around."
NotesIf using a metal baking sheet with foil, suggested baking time is 10-12 minutes. If using a glass baking dish, set the time for 15-17 minutes. When it’s done, the color of the crackers won’t change much and the crackers should become hard. If not, bake for a few minutes more. The color will turn brown after cooling down. Enjoy!
- 1 black tea bag, any kind
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup firmly packed cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Let tea bag sit in hot water for 3 minutes. Separate tea bag from tea and place both in your fridge to allow cool down.
In a large bowl, mix cake flour, baking powder, cubed butter and sea salt together. Use your fingers to pinch the butter cubes with the flour until the butter is gone.
Take out the cooled tea bag and tea. Cut the tea bag open and add the tea dust in the flour mixture. Pour 1/4 cup of tea over the dust. (Important note: we don’t want all of the tea here, drink the rest please.)
Knead everything in the bowl to form a dough until the flour is gone. (Do not over knead.)
Place the dough on a floured board. Use a rolling pin to roll it out into a very thin sheet (about 1/10 inch thick).This step is crucial for making the crackers crispy.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Use your favorite cookie cutter to form the shape of the crackers or cut into squares by a knife.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Swiss Delight Braised Steak is the perfect dinner for two recipe when you really want to treat your significant other. Show off… Continue reading: "Swiss Delight Braised Steakvideocam"
- Amish Carmel Corn
- Easy Homemade Hummus
- Flavoring Homemade Yogurt: 15 Delicious Ideas
- Dates, Grapes and Goats’ Cheese Super Balls Snack
- Dino-licious DIY Lunchables
- Ultimate Sloppy Joes
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter and Jelly Dip
- Smoothie Popsicles
- Garlic Ranch Pretzels
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tuna Cakes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy Keto Tuna Fritters Recipe (low Carb/whole30/gluten-free)
- Easy Pecan Pie
- Basil Pesto With Almonds
- Instant Pot Bangers And Mash
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Sugar And Spice Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Couscous With Spinach & Chickpeas
- Wild Rice Soup
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes