Hard Rock Cafe Twisted Mac 'N Cheese
The best copycat mac 'n cheese available - made unique by the addition of monterey jack cheese. Red bell peppers and parsley add crunch and color.
- 2 cups cavatappi pasta
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces velveeta
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced and roasted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, minced
- Use a large saucepan to cook pasta following the directions on the package, then drain
- Combine milk, velveeta, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in the same saucepan, and heat over low heat for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add pasta and roasted pepper to the pan, and then toss to coat pasta.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in small bowl.
- Pour pasta into a serving bowl and then sprinkle parmesan breadcrumbs over the top.