Bessinger's BBQ Onion Rings Copycat
This Bessingerâ€™s BBQ Onion Rings Copycat appetizer was my first copycat recipe attempt. The family was ecstatic as I commenced the preparations. The rings tasted good with a crunchy, sweet taste and a hint of corn meeting that tender sweet onion flavor. Read my post on the RecipeLion blog for all the details!
Cooking Time5 min
- 1 cup cornmeal flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 medium size Vidalia onions sliced at about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- Peanut oil heated to about 360F
- Mix the corn meal flour, sugar, salt and buttermilk and then refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- While the oil comes to temperature, slice the onions at about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip the rings in the batter mixture and fried them up, flipping them in the oil as the down side browned. Should take about 4-5 minutes per batch.