Argentine Rib Eye Steak with Chimichurri and Braised Potatoes
This recipe courtesy Jeffrey Fournier, executive chef of 51 Lincoln in Newton MA, shows you the best way to cook a steak. These steak grilling instructions will have you grilling the perfect steak in no time. This recipe for juicy steak is great.
- 4 10 ounce beef rib eye steaks
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For chimichurri, combine parsley, cilantro, chives, lime juice, jalapeno, red onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sear cubed potatoes in canola oil in a large straight sided sauté pan with salt and pepper.
- Add diced white onion and caramelized. Deglaze with chicken stock.
- Move pan to 350 degree oven and braise uncovered for about 25 minutes, stock should reduce to a thick sauce.
Before serving mount potatoes and sauce with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Grill rib eyes on the grill nicely seasoned with salt and pepper about 4-5 minutes each side for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have a grill, pan sear the steaks 1-2 minutes each side and finish in a 350 degree F oven for about 5 minutes for medium rare.
- Serve steak with chimichurri and potatoes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Copycat Recipes"
Make a 5 star restaurant menu right in your own kitchen with this collection of restaurant recipes. Recreate your favorite dishes from your favorite restaurants, from Cracker Barrel to the Olive Garden.
Subscribe FREE to Quick & Easy Recipes from RecipeLion.com!