Argentine Rib Eye Steak with Chimichurri and Braised Potatoes
This recipe courtesy Jeffrey Fournier, executive chef of 51 Lincoln in Newton MA, shows you the best way to cook a steak. These steak grilling instructions will have you grilling the perfect steak in no time. This recipe for juicy steak is great.
- 4 10 ounce beef rib eye steaks
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For chimichurri, combine parsley, cilantro, chives, lime juice, jalapeno, red onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sear cubed potatoes in canola oil in a large straight sided sauté pan with salt and pepper.
- Add diced white onion and caramelized. Deglaze with chicken stock.
- Move pan to 350 degree oven and braise uncovered for about 25 minutes, stock should reduce to a thick sauce.
Before serving mount potatoes and sauce with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Grill rib eyes on the grill nicely seasoned with salt and pepper about 4-5 minutes each side for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have a grill, pan sear the steaks 1-2 minutes each side and finish in a 350 degree F oven for about 5 minutes for medium rare.
- Serve steak with chimichurri and potatoes.
Read NextPopeye's Cajun Gravy Copycat Recipe