Simple Chicken Fried Pork Chops
Simple Chicken Fried Pork Chops remind me of good old fashioned home cooking. This pork chop recipe is the definition of comfort food and will always have a special place in my heart. Topped with a mustard sauce, it is simply delicious.
Watch and learn how to make these amazing pork chops here:
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 2 pounds pork chops
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons to 3 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix egg and 3 tablespoons of milk together in a shallow dish.
- Mix pinch of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper with bread crumbs.
- Cover pork chops first with flour, then with egg mixture and at the end with bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil in a flat skillet to medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes per side.
For Mustard Sauce:
- Remove oil from the skillet and leave about 1 tablespoon. Add mustard, 1 tablespoon of flour and mix well. Add the rest of the milk, water, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Mix all together and let it thicken. When the sauce thickens cover pork chops with it and serve.