In-Your-Sleep Apple Cider Doughnut Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These homemade doughnut holes are so simple, you can practically make them in your sleep. In-Your-Sleep Apple Cider Doughnut Bites are made using Bisquick and just a few other ingredients, and will become a favorite fall recipe in no time. Apple cider and apple pie spice is included in the batter to give these doughnuts a delicious apple flavor that's great any time of year. Simply mix the batter, fry the doughnuts, and roll them in cinnamon and sugar for a fluffy, crispy pastry that's a treat you can embrace any time of the day.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN a Supreme Ice Cream Scoop to use while making this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 10 Days of Thanks!
An easy way to coat the donuts with the cinnamon sugar is to place the mixture into a clean brown lunch bag and then drop in the donuts and shake the bag until they are completely coated.
Pastries! Get your hot and tasty pastries! Check out our full collection of pastry recipes right here.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 20th, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 19th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite kind of donut?
Answer below for your chance to win!
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (or a bit more if you like)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup apple cider
- vegetable oil for frying, about 4 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine baking mix, flour, sugar, spice and salt in a large bowl, fluffing with a fork to mix. Beat the egg and add the cider. Add the egg/cider mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until it is a sticky thick batter. Add more baking mix by tablespoonsful if necessary it should be like a very thick pancake batter.
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
Heat a deep, wide pot or a wok over medium high heat and add oil to a depth of 3 inches. Use a thermometer to check the oil it should be at 350 degrees F before you add any donuts.
Use a small ice cream scoop or a large melon baller to measure out portions and drop the batter into the oil about 6 at a time they will bob and roll so use a wire sieve or tongs to keep them frying on one side at a time.
Fry for 3 minutes and then turn and continue to fry for another 3 minutes or until they reach a medium brown color - if the balls are larger than 1 inches they may take a bit more time but adjust the heat keep the oil at 350 continuously so that they do not get too brown before the center is cooked.
Use a wire sieve or slotted spoon to remove the donuts to a wire rack set over paper towels in a baking sheet and continue to fry the rest of the dough. While each batch is frying, drop the finished donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture while still warm and toss to coat, then return to the wire rack to finish cooling.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Babushka's Slow Chicken is one of the easiest yet flavorful recipes you'll ever make for dinner! You only have to prepare a few… Continue reading: "Babushka's Slow Chickenvideocam"
Copycat Chinese Restaurant Donuts
Better Than Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut Bites
31 Easy Doughnut Recipes
Just Like Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls
No Brainer Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
In-Your-Sleep Apple Cider Doughnut Bites
Choux Puff Pastry
Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
Shortcut Fried Donuts
Unbeatable Apple Cider Doughnut Bites
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Roasted Parsnips
- Sweet Potato Salad
- Josh Henreckson - Editor
- Greek Orzo Salad
- Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Casserole Recipe with Gruyere Cheese Sauce
- Goat Cheese and Avocado Toasts
- Cream Cheese and Pesto Bruschetta with Fresh Basil Flowers
- Bee Pollen Chia Overnight Oats
- Homemade Peach Jam
- Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes