Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce over Penne Pasta
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely sliced green onions (use some white, but mostly green section)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cored, julienne cut
- 2 pounds cooked penne pasta
Make sauce by mixing stock, basil, pepper and cream in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. In another saucepan over low to medium heat, combine butter and flour and cook until smooth. Add to stock mixture and stir to combine. Preheat oil in saute pan over medium to high heat. Add chicken, onions, mushrooms and peppers; saute 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add pasta and basil cream sauce and serve. Makes about 6 servings.
Read NextTomato Pasta Sauce
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.