Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara
If your kids balk at the idea of eating something with a name like pasta carbonara, tell them it's macaroni and cheese carbonara! There's definitely cheese in this creamy pasta concoction, and additional protein with the meat. It's a delicious dinner for the whole family to enjoy!
- This recipe can be made with fettuccine, angel hair or linguine.
- Looking for more great Italian pasta recipes? Click here!
Cooking Time20 min
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta or 6 slices bacon cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 pound pasta (more or less according to your tastes)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat.
- Add the pancetta or bacon and saute until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes; drain off all but a thin film of fat.
- Add the garlic and saute about 1 minute more.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, cream, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to the skillet and pour in the cream mixture.
- Toss over low heat until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled generously with remaining Parmesan cheese, black pepper and parsley.