Jan's Fast Fabulous Sauce and Tortellini
This tortellini recipe is fabulous, and a great variation is to make the entire recipe the same, except use the Ragu white Alfredo sauce and add white wine. You can switch out the beef for thin strips of white meat chicken -- or a cup of cooked shrimp. Fab!
With white (alfredo) sauce, I add one whole thinly sliced red pepper for color.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large (36-ounce) jars Ragu/Prego, etc. spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces tortellini (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- Brown ground beef with cinnamon, brown sugar, oregano, onion, red pepper, salt and pepper in skillet.
- In large saucepan, pour Ragu sauce (or Prego, or half Ragu/half Prego, etc.) and red wine (the cheaper the better)!
- Add meat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Boil tortellini according to package directions and drain.
- Serve pasta with meat sauce; a green salad, and garlic bread.
Read NextTomato Pasta Sauce