Cabot Cheddar Potato Pancakes
Potato pancake recipes are delicious any time, and the addition of cheese only makes them better! Try this awesome recipe with sharp or extra sharp cheddar and enjoy these potato pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Preparation Time1 hr
Cooking Time1 hr 25 min
- 3 large Russet potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp or Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and prick with fork in several places. Place on baking sheet and bake until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- When cool enough to handle, remove skins and place potatoes in large bowl; add butter and mash with potato masher. Mix in cheese and chives and season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into six (1/2-inch-thick) cakes. Place on plate, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Brush large skillet generously with oil and place over medium-low heat or preheat electric griddle to 325 degrees F. Cook cakes for several minutes until golden on underside; slide metal spatula carefully under each cake to release, then turn over and cook until browned on second side.
- Turn off heat and let cakes stand for a couple of minutes to firm up slightly. Serve with sausage and eggs.