Lemon Yogurt Muffins
For a totally unique and delicious take on easy muffin recipes you must make up a batch of Lemon Yogurt Muffins. With rich honey and yogurt flavors, the only thing that makes this better is the lemon syrup topping.
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- For Lemon Syrup:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 12-muffin tin. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the sugar, honey, eggs, yogurt, butter and lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned.
To Make Lemon Syrup:
- While the muffins are baking, prepare the lemon syrup by mixing the lemon juice, sugar and water.
- When the muffins are fully baked, remove them from the oven and pierce the top of each with a fork.
- Drizzle the lemon syrup over the muffins. Let them cool in the tin for 3 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Read NextFrench Toast Muffin Cups