Mexican Bean Salad
There are a number of recipes for bean salads out there, but this Mexican bean salad is not only the tastiest, but also the easiest. Made with chopped bell peppers and diced green chilies, it is spicy and refreshing. Chilled so all of the flavors blend together, it is a great appetizer recipe for a party or just as a snack.
- 1 can (15-ounces) La Preferida Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounces) La Preferida Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounces) La Preferida Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup each chopped red, yellow and orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1 can (4-ounces) La Preferida Diced Green Chiles
- 1 can (16-ounces) La Preferida Thick'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon La Preferida Chile Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tomato, chopped
Place the La Preferida Beans, corn, green onions, bell peppers, cucumbers and La Preferida Diced Green Chiles in large bowl and mix well.
Combine the La Preferida Thickâ€™n Chunky Salsa, lime juice and La Preferida Chile Seasoning in a separate bowl.
Pour over the salad and mix well. Add cilantro and tomato and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving to allow flavors to blend.