Lazy Day Lasagna
The Lazy Day Lasagna is a perfect quick-prep meal for low energy days. No need to heat the sauce or cook the noodles; just throw it all in a dish and bake! Simple lasagna recipes like this one are low in maintenance and high in flavor.
Cooking Time1 hr 15 min
- 1 (32-ounce) jar thick spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (about 15-ounces) ricotta cheese or low-fat/fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 cups (about 12-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use the fat-free)
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Simmer sauce and water about 10 minutes. (Here, I have become lazy. I just pour my bottle of sauce--usually a 26-28 ounce bottle--into a 32-ounce Pyrex measuring jar and add water to the top. I don't bother heating it, and it always works just fine.)
- Pour about 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Layer three uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce. (The noodles will later expand to fill the empty spaces). Cover with about 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Mix together ricotta, spices and eggs for filling. Spread 1/2 filling over sauce.
- Put some sauce over that layer, and then add three more lasagna noodles, the rest of the filling, and then some more sauce. Top with three more lasagna noodles and the remaining sauce. Add parmesan and mozzerella cheese on top.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour. Remove foil and cook uncovered for about 15 more minutes. Let stand ten minutes. If you wish, brown one pound ground beef and add to sauce.
Read NextChristmas Tree Lasagna