Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini Soup
Keep warm this winter season with Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini Soup. Easy to make, it is perfect any day of the week and will always be a crowd pleaser. Fresh soup recipes always warm the heart. This one will too.
Preparation Time30 min
- 12 ounces packaage of al fresco sweet italian chicken sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive ooil
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 42 ounces low fat, unsalted chicken broth
- 18 ounces three cheese tortellini, refridgerated
- 1 1/4 cup fresh red tomoatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and saute chicken sausage until browned and internal heat is 165 degrees. Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini. Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinch and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, 2 minutes.
- Return sauteed sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes add the butter and serve whne butter is melted.