Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini Soup
Keep warm this winter season with Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini Soup. Easy to make, it is perfect any day of the week and will always be a crowd pleaser. Fresh soup recipes always warm the heart. This one will too.
Preparation Time30 min
- 12 ounces packaage of al fresco sweet italian chicken sausage
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive ooil
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 42 ounces low fat, unsalted chicken broth
- 18 ounces three cheese tortellini, refridgerated
- 1 1/4 cup fresh red tomoatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and saute chicken sausage until browned and internal heat is 165 degrees. Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini. Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinch and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, 2 minutes.
- Return sauteed sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes add the butter and serve whne butter is melted.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Italian Recipes"
Peruse our collection of Italian recipes, from easy Italian green beans to the more complicated Italian Garnished Artichoke Hearts and more!