Polenta with Home Style Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"It’s been cool, damp and rainy (really rainy) around this little section of northeast Ohio! Not really grilling weather, even though Memorial Day is just about upon us! Usually, once the end of May hits, we spend most evenings outside by the grill, but not the past few days! So, I prepared one of my favorite “Grandma Rose” recipes last night, Polenta with Home Style Marinara Sauce. Polenta, a northern Italian dish, is made of cornmeal. It can be made from white corn meal, buckwheat or golden cornmeal (which is what I have always used). This dish is eaten hot with a sauce, gravy or butter and cheese. Often, polenta can be cooled until firm and pan fried until golden brown and served with butter and syrup for breakfast. I have many fond memories of my Grandmother making this same dish. except she used to call it mush. The basic difference between mush and polenta is that polenta is made from a coarser grade of cornmeal. My grandmother would either serve this with gravy or home made marinara sauce (my favorite!) If you prefer to use your favorite brand of canned sauce, please do so. But, home made sauce is not hard and has a taste like no other! Start your sauce first and let it simmer while you make the polenta. Try this for dinner!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- One Pot Italian Sausage Pizza Bake
- 24 Easy Italian Desserts
- Grandma's Secret Meatball Recipe
- Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole
- Italian-Style Ground Beef Skillet
- Italian Grandmother's Pasta e Fagioli
- Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- Best Italian Wedding Soup
- Stupidly Easy Pizza Pot Pie
- Meatball Lasagna Roll Ups
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- King Ranch Chicken (no Canned Soup)
- Seared Tuna Salad Niçoise
- Gouda Spinach Hasselback Chicken
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini Chips Keto Friendly
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar
- Coronation Chicken Sweet Potato Jacket
- Chicken & Chorizo Paella
- Apple Scotch Eggs
- Keto Roast Chicken
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes