Polenta with Home Style Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"It’s been cool, damp and rainy (really rainy) around this little section of northeast Ohio! Not really grilling weather, even though Memorial Day is just about upon us! Usually, once the end of May hits, we spend most evenings outside by the grill, but not the past few days! So, I prepared one of my favorite “Grandma Rose” recipes last night, Polenta with Home Style Marinara Sauce. Polenta, a northern Italian dish, is made of cornmeal. It can be made from white corn meal, buckwheat or golden cornmeal (which is what I have always used). This dish is eaten hot with a sauce, gravy or butter and cheese. Often, polenta can be cooled until firm and pan fried until golden brown and served with butter and syrup for breakfast. I have many fond memories of my Grandmother making this same dish. except she used to call it mush. The basic difference between mush and polenta is that polenta is made from a coarser grade of cornmeal. My grandmother would either serve this with gravy or home made marinara sauce (my favorite!) If you prefer to use your favorite brand of canned sauce, please do so. But, home made sauce is not hard and has a taste like no other! Start your sauce first and let it simmer while you make the polenta. Try this for dinner!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Perfect for a family party or a potluck dinner, recipes with jello are always crowd-pleasers. Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is… Continue reading: "Strawberry Pretzel Saladvideocam"
- Italian Grandmother's Pasta e Fagioli
- Grandma's Secret Meatball Recipe
- Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole
- 24 Easy Italian Desserts
- Italian-Style Ground Beef Skillet
- Stupidly Easy Pizza Pot Pie
- Meatball Lasagna Roll Ups
- Easy Homemade Cannoli
- Carciofi Vignarola (Italian Artichoke Casserole)
- Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Zuppa Toscana
- Boo Batter No Churn Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Cocktail
- Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
- Homemade Eggnog
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Bread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes