Aunt Pallavi's Curried Chicken
Aunt Pallavi has been making her special curried chicken since before you were born. This Indian woman really knows how to make chicken curry! And now she wants to share her recipe with you to try at home. Make Aunt Pallavi proud.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into 2
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup water
- Saute chicken in oil in large skillet over moderate-high heat until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to bowl. Reduce heat to low. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in tumeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, salt, cloves, and nutmeg; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato and water; cook 1 minute. Add chicken; bring to boiling.
- Lower heat; cover and simmer 15 - 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is richly flavored.
Read NextBlack-Eyed Bean Zucchini Peach Curry