Veena's Butter Chicken
For some flavorful and easy Indian cuisine you'll love this recipe for Veena's Butter Chicken. This chicken dish is a popular and famous one among Indian recipes. It's loaded with flavor and pairs well with Indian bread.
Serve the butter chicken (Murgh Makhani) with Indian breads.
Watch how this Butter Chicken dish is made here:
- 100 grams butter (about 3.5-ounces)
- 25 grams ginger paste
- 225 grams garlic paste
- 500 grams tomato
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 green chillies, split and cut
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 75 milliliters cream
- Tandoori chicken (of half a chicken)
- 10 grams coriander leaves, for garnish
- Melt half the butter in a heavy bottom pan. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute till they are cooked.
- Add tomatoes, salt and water (2 cups), cover and simmer until mashed for about 30 minutes.
- Blend this mixture in a blender or strain it to get a smooth tomato gravy and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add the remaining butter, chopped ginger, green chilies and saute it over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add paprika powder, tomato gravy and bring it to boil. Add Tandoori Chicken and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add cream and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.