Halloween Candy Cake
I was really happy to find a delicious, fun way to use my kids' leftover Halloween candy - Halloween cake recipes! I love Butterfingers and Reese's, so this is the perfect Halloween recipe for me...and you'll love it too!
If you liked this, check out our latest free eCookbook, 15 Fun Halloween Recipes
See this recipe and more in 35 Homemade Halloween Treats.
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 1.8-ounce packages Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 2.1-ounce Butterfinger bars, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Grind nuts and 3/4 cup flour in processor until fine.
- Using mixer, beat eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until mixture whitens and triples in volume.
- Fold in nut mixture.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and smooth tops.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on rack.
Filling and Topping
- Blend peanut butter, butter and sugar in processor until smooth.
- With machine running, add cream through feed tube and blend until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Invert cakes onto work surface.
- Using serrated knife, cut each cake into 2 layers.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter, cut side up.
- Spread with 1/3 of filling and sprinkle with 1/3 of chopped peanut butter cups.
- Top with second cake layer, cut side down.
- Continue layering with remaining filling, peanut butter cups and cake, ending with cake, cut side down.
- For topping, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until almost stiff. Transfer 1/2 cup to small bowl and reserve for garnish.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of cake.
- Press nuts around base of cake forming a 1.5-inch high border.
- Cover top of cake with Butterfingers leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Spoon reserved whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with medium star tip; pipe stars around top edge.
- Garnish with Reese's Pieces.
Read NextFlesh Colored Jello for Halloween