Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
For a quick and scrumptious Halloween snack recipe make these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. With spiced and sweet flavors that go perfect together this cupcake is to die for.
Makes 21 large or 42 mini cupcakes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in 20 of Our Best Pumpkin & Halloween Recipes, check it out for more seasonal recipe fun!
For more Halloween recipes see our latest free to download eCookbook collection, 23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas.
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
Cooking Time20 min
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 package pumpkin spice cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced crystallized ginger or ginger mini-chips
- 3/4 cup water
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 cups glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin tins with 21 papers, and spray the insides of the papers to keep the cakes from tearing when you eat them.
- Fill the 3 remaining wells of the muffin tin halfway with water.
- For the cake: In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add half of the pumpkin spice mix and stir until well-blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after reach addition.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger (if you're using it; and you really should, as it makes these cupcakes something special).
- Add the water 1/4 cup at a time.
- Alternately with the remaining mix, mixing until well-blended after each addition.
- Scoop the batter into the cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake the cakes in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out of the pan and placing them on a rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and shortening together until smooth.
- Add the oil and zest, beating well.
- Add the glazing or confectioners' sugar one cup at a time, beating until fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl once more, beat for one more minute, then use to frost the cupcakes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Halloween Recipes"
These Halloween Recipes are more of a treat than a trick--even if some of them look scary! Everyone from little goblins to full-grown ghouls will love these spooky recipes.