Greek Stuffed Meat Loaf
A truly unique and delicious meatloaf recipe, this Greek Stuffed Meat Loaf is loaded with yummy flavors and ingredients. This will quickly become a favorite among meatloaf recipes for you.
Cooking Time1 hr 20 min
- 1 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, chopped or 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup black Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix meats. Combine with eggs, milk, and oats. Set aside.
- Saute onions in oil over moderate-low or low heat until for 20-30 minutes until translucent and golden.
- Estimate the cooking time for the onions and approximately 3-4 minutes before the end of the cooking, add the garlic.
- Combine meat mixture with onions, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin, and pepper.
- In a 9" X 13" baking dish, shape 2/3 of meat mixture into a hollow shell.
- Combine egg, spinach and feta cheese from filling ingredient list. Pack this filling into the hollow cavity of the meat loaf.
- Sprinkle with chopped olives. Cover filling with remaining meat mixture.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 70-80 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Sep 29, 2018
Meatloaf has probably always been one of my favorite meals that I get nostalgic about...it just reminds me of home back in the day, and it doesn't hurt that it's also delicious. I love how just about every culture has their own version of meatloaf...which goes to say, this really is a timeless comfort food that so many enjoy. Most traditional meatloaf generally has some type of mashed potato as a side...what would you suggest to compliment this Greek-style meatloaf?
Jan 18, 2011
Hello Mary, Sorry for the confusion. The oat mixture is added to the combined meats with the eggs and milk, all of that is put aside while you cook onion and garlic. Then you combine the "meat mixture" with the onion and garlic and follow the directions from there. As for the topping ingredients that is the 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. I hope that helps! Thanks for your feedback!
Jan 17, 2011
I didn't see what to do with the oat mixture. Is it part of the topping? Also, all the ingredients are all in one list. Topping ingredients are not listed separately. Is it correct to assume that the cinnamon is a topping ingredient? Confused!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use