Greek Stuffed Meat Loaf
A truly unique and delicious meatloaf recipe, this Greek Stuffed Meat Loaf is loaded with yummy flavors and ingredients. This will quickly become a favorite among meatloaf recipes for you.
Cooking Time1 hr 20 min
- 1 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, chopped or 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup black Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix meats. Combine with eggs, milk, and oats. Set aside.
- Saute onions in oil over moderate-low or low heat until for 20-30 minutes until translucent and golden.
- Estimate the cooking time for the onions and approximately 3-4 minutes before the end of the cooking, add the garlic.
- Combine meat mixture with onions, garlic, parsley, salt, cumin, and pepper.
- In a 9" X 13" baking dish, shape 2/3 of meat mixture into a hollow shell.
- Combine egg, spinach and feta cheese from filling ingredient list. Pack this filling into the hollow cavity of the meat loaf.
- Sprinkle with chopped olives. Cover filling with remaining meat mixture.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 70-80 minutes.