Arakas Latheros Greek Peas
Put a Greek twist on a traditional legume dish. Delicious with or without tomoatoes.
You can make this without the tomatoes, if you wish. In that case, add just enough water to cover the peas.
- 5 pounds fresh peas
- 4 scallions
- 1 1/4 oil or 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tomatoes, peeled, strained or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- mixed with 2 cups water
- 3 dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- water as needed
1. Shell, wash and drain peas. Chop white part of the scallions into small pieces, and the green part into large pieces.
2. Heat oil in large pot. Add the scallions and cook until soft but not browned. Add the peas and brown and cook very lightly. Add the tomatoes (or the diluted paste), dill, salt, and pepper. Add enough water to half cover the peas.
3. Cover the pot. Cook over medium heat until only the oil remains and the liquid has been absorbed (about. 45 min.).
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Mar 21, 2011
Jaclyn: Thanks for catching the missing information. The recipe has been updated to reflect 5 pounds of fresh peas. The recipe likely serves more than 10 people, if you figure that servings are about 6 oz a person. I hope this helps! Thanks! Blair, editor for RecipeLion.com
Mar 19, 2011
When you say 5 fresh peas, is this 5 pounds of peas? Also how many does the recipe serve? nanakats2
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use