The SparkPeople Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The SparkPeople cookbook by Meg Galvin with Stepfanie Romine, is a fascinating and helpful cookbook for not only someone who struggles with weight loss, but for anyone who wants to live a healthy life and still eat good food.
This cookbook goes beyond just healthy recipes; it’s a guide, a learning tool and honest stories that speak to the heart. One tip that stuck out in this book for me, “Before you can learn to love the food you eat, you have to learn to cook the food you eat.” It’s amazing how much easier dieting can be once you really learn how to cook, how to cook well/with lots of flavor, but also without too much complication. This book shows you all of that and more.
I love that this book begins with several personal success stories from real people, with real stories. It provides an interesting read and goes beyond your typical healthy recipe cookbook. Top off all this great information with great recipes which can be cooked up in 30 minutes or less.
This cookbook is a handy guide for any kitchen and especially helpful in this fast-food environment that so many of us live in today. Some of the recipes that you simply must check out - try the Tomato-Cheese Frittata on pg. 92; good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Or learn how to make Creamy Broccoli-Cheese Soup (pg. 170) still taste amazing, even if it’s lower in fat. Also try something new and unique, like the Avocado Cherry-Tomato Salsa on pg. 321. There’s many more where to check out! I highly recommend this inspirational cookbook."
"If you have any interest in losing weight, or in attaining a healthier lifestyle, then this is the cookbook for you. The Sparkpeople Cookbook by Meg Galvin with Stepfanie Romine is an all-in-one primer for new-found weight loss and healthy living. This book delves deep into everything one would need to lose weight, from what to buy in grocery stores to what a proper meal should look like.
f course, this is still a cookbook and the recipes are definitely the star of the show. Each recipe is clear and concise, and all are delightfully straightforward. Plus, many recipes include ingredient tips and ways to cut back even further on calories. The Sparkpeople Cookbook will become your new one-stop shop for real healthy dieting."
"The SparkPeople Cookbook by Meg Galvin is an engaging and helpful guide to re-defining the way people eat and prepare fresh and healthy food. The first part of the book, entitled “Get Ready,” is a wonderful how-to tool for learning to satisfy yourself and re-introduce food as something to savor and enjoy. Health-conscious readers will find informative tips not only for preparing food, but for eating for satisfaction instead of mindless munching. In a country plagued by the highest levels of obesity in the world, this book is relevant, helpful and revolutionary.
Tempting full-color photos of all your favorite recipes encourage dieters eat right without compromising flavor and appeal. These recipes make wonderful replacements for high-test recipes, but you won’t miss the originals because the revamped recipes ensure the highest quality for the most discerning chef.
I was particularly stunned by the variety of recipes that Galvin managed to lighten without reducing flavor and aesthetic appeal. Normally, I think of chicken salad as a fatty, oily mess, but the Crunchy Chicken Salad in the Spark People Cookbook has only 202 calories per 1 ¼ cup serving. I had no idea that Tuna Noodle Casserole could even be made light! As usual with diet cookbooks, I immediately flipped to the chapter on desserts. Though all of them looked stunning, Spring Cupcakes with Citrus Icing and Lemon Berry Tartlets in particular caught my eye. In addition, the appendices are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and strategies for preparing and keeping food for a diet that thrives on the freshest and healthiest of foods.
This cookbook isn’t just a collection of recipes. It actually teaches readers how to rethink the way they eat and transition smoothly into a lifestyle supported by healthy eating habits. With The SparkPeople Cookbook, readers can eat better, feel better, and ultimately live longer and healthier lives without compromising the foods they love or sacrificing certain food groups."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Ready for a casserole recipe that will blow your mind with how easy and delicious it is? This No Peeking Allowed Beef Casserole is the… Continue reading: "No Peeking Allowed Beef Casserolevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Addie's 4th of July Survival Guide eBook
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- 300 Best Casserole Recipes Cookbook Review
- Bakeless Sweets Review
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- Green Bean Casserole
- Creamy Mushroom Carbonara
- Thomas Keller’s Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- Alabama Style BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Devil’s Food Cake
- Wild Mushroom Soup
- Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
- Harvest Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Brownies
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes