"Y'all Come Over" Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Y'all Come Over" Cookbook Review
Gifted By: Thomas Nelson
Reviewed by Emily Racette, Editor of RecipeLion.com
The Y'all Come Over Cookbook is "a celebration of Southern hospitality, food, and memories." This Southern cookbook will help you create a glorious meal to share with friends and family. Whether there's a special occasion coming up, or you just want to invite your closet friends to lunch, there's always a reason to gather 'round the table.
This book is more than just a cookbook. If you looked at the chapter titles, you'd think you were about to read a novel. Chapter titles include Family Fireworks, After the Ball, and Making Memories. And, in a way, it is like a novel because each chapter begins with a two-page story about Southern hospitality. They're cute stories which did get me in the mood to cook for family and friends. The chapters aren't very helpful in explaining which types of recipes you'll find, but I can let that slide.
I found the recipes in this cookbook to be exciting and appetizing. There are classic Southern recipes such as hush puppies, fried catfish, and smoked pork baby back ribs, as well as new recipes (at least, new to me) that I can't wait to try: Scrambled Egg Breakfast Cups, Corn Pudding Creme Brulee, and Pepperoni Dip. I found recipes I want to make for a special occasion (Accordion-Cut Roasted Potatoes), a hot summer day (Pineapple Tea Punch), and a holiday breakfast (Red Velvet Pancakes with Maple Cream Cheese).
The "Y'all Come Over" cookbook really shows Southern hospitality. Even the recipe titles have inviting names, including Carole's "Take Some Home with You" Spice Bars and Good Neighbor Chicken Fiesta Soup. It's a good read, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to bring a little bit of the South to their own kitchen.
This giveaway has ended.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you love being able to have the best of both worlds when it comes to dessert and breakfast, you're going to adore this Heavenly… Continue reading: "Heavenly Cinnamon Bun Pievideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats RecipeLion Cookbook
- The Big Book of Cupcakes Cookbook Review
- The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook Review
- "The Newlywed Cookbook" Review
- Savory Bites Review
- Addie's 4th of July Survival Guide eBook
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pigs In Blankets In The Air Fryer
- Easy White Bean Chicken Chili
- Easy Chicken Florentine Casserole Kids Can Make
- Instant Amla Pickle Recipe | Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cranberry And Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Cornflake Marshmallow Wreaths
- One Pan Braised Chicken Thighs In Apple Juice
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes