The Southern Slow Cooker Bible Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Provided by Thomas Nelson
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
Cooking in a slow cooker is like having your own personal chef. You can load it up in the morning and it cooks for you all day! Tammy Algood's cookbook, The Southern Slow Cooker Bible, combines the convenience of a slow cooker with the comfort of southern cooking, so I knew it had to be good! With 365 Easy and Delicious Down-Home Recipes, this book covers a year's worth of mouthwatering country comfort food. Even I was surprised at what all my slow cooker can do.
There's nothing better than southern comfort food. From macaroni and cheese to chicken and dumplings to cobbler, I love it all. This cookbook includes a complete list of country cooking favorites, and the best part is, they can call be made in a slow cooker. Some of these recipes are so simple that all you have to do is assemble the ingredients, set it, and forget it! Plus, using a slow cooker is a great way to turn inexpensive cuts of meat into melt-in-your-mouth dishes.
When browsing through The Southern Slow Cooker Bible, I was excited to see some slow cooker ideas I hadn't thought of before. I used to think the slow cooker was just for pot roast, soups and hot dips, but boy was I wrong. This book is chock full of recipes for cake, cornbread, green bean casserole, grits, and so much more! All of them are perfect for entertaining guests, preparing breakfast that cooks all night, or for a simple family dinner.
With recipes like Is It Done Yet Peach Cobbler, Late Brunch Hash Brown Casserole, Macaroni and Pimiento Cheese, and Ham and Country Potato Casserole, there's something in here for everyone. This cookbook discovers new ways to cook the traditional southern fare everyone loves. All of these down-home recipe ideas definitely make me want to break out my slow cooker and use it every day!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Addie's 4th of July Survival Guide eBook
- The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook Review
- Holiday Cookies Cookbook Review
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Fried Spanish Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- Thai Lotus Shoot Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes