Bake It Like You Mean It Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bake It Like You Mean It
Provided by Abram's Books
Reviewed by Rachel Bernstein
This cake cookbook is like a guilty pleasure for anyone who loves to bake. Beautiful to look at with stunning photos of every kind of cake creation imaginable, from pound cakes to cheesecakes to mousse cakes and more, this cookbook doubles as a baking resource and coffee table artwork. The author's motto for the cookbook is to bake for the pleasure of the process, and one look through the wonderfully decadent and beautifully presented treats in the pages of this cookbook will show you just how much care and love went into the making of these desserts.
With nearly 250 pages of positively mouthwatering sweet treats to make, this dessert cookbook has a little bit of something for everyone and every occasion. The table of contents breaks the book into different cake sections according to the texture of the dessert, which is both helpful and unique. There are sections for light and scrumptious sponge cakes, smooth and creamy cheesecakes and mousse cakes, airy and marvelous meringues, rich and decadent butter and pound cakes and spring and yummy "yeasties." Each recipe starts off with a short description of the treat -- a personable little note from the author that really makes you want to make the treat. Not every cookbook can say that! Also sprinkled throughout the cookbook are little tidbits of interesting baking information and little-known facts, cutely labeled as "Notes from the Sweet Talker." Did you know, for instance, that the word "tiramisu" is Italian for "pick-me-up"? Interesting, right?
This cake cookbook is so much more than simply a baking resource that you'll pull off of the shelf when you need to make something sweet for visiting guests. It's a book you'll find yourself poring over and reading for pleasure, which is exactly what the author wants you to do. A great guide for anyone who loves to bake, Bake It Like You Mean It is a must-have compilation of beautifully photographed desserts, wonderfully written recipes and interestingly presented information.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Baked Potato Breakfast Casserole may soon become your newest go-to casserole recipe. Why? Because it's an easy egg casserole you just… Continue reading: "Baked Potato Breakfast Casserolevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- 300 Best Casserole Recipes Cookbook Review
- Simple, Fresh and Healthy Cookbook Review
- The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook Review
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- The SparkPeople Cookbook Review
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Egg Milk Gravy
- Aloo Jeera Rice
- Healthy Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Spicy Sticky Wings
- Football Stadium Party Tray
- Tomato Kurma Without Coconut
- Garlic Curry Recipe (poondu Kuzhambu)
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes