The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Now this is a cookbook after my own heart! I've never flipped through page after page of sandwich recipes that made me drool so much. One of my favorite aspects of this book is its variety. From the most mundane peanut butter and jelly, to high class fare and even the deli classics of my childhood, this book has got it all. Plus, this book is very easy to thumb through, so you can always find the right sandwich for your mood.
The pictures are outstanding, and the easy to follow instructions will make you rush to the kitchen to find the nearest piece of bread. As a former deli counter sandwich maker, this book gets my seal of approval."
"Who doesn’t love sandwiches? Everyone loves sandwiches! But, The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches turns the beloved dish into an art form! With recipes, history and trivia, this encyclopedia is packed with sandwich fun—and it weighs a lot less than those World Books back in the day!
The recipes in this book are so varied, from traditional to deliciously outlandish! I particularly liked the recipes for a Chow Mein Sandwich and Banana Split Sandwich. I’ll never pick up a simple sandwich again after reading this book."
For readers who like their cookbooks equal parts history, fun facts and recipes, The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches packs everything sandwich into one volume that's bursting with colorful pictures and interesting trivia. If you ever wanted to know who invented Fluffernutter, or how to make Elvis' famous gut-busting bacon-banana-and-peanut-butter sandwich, then you will love how author Susan Ross (together with photographer Matt Armendariz) has chronicled "everything between sliced bread." Sandwiches are alphabetized (like encyclopedia entries) so you can easily find what sandwich you're looking for - or stumble across a new surprise!
There's also a handy index at the back that lists all the ingredients in Russo's recipes. This little book is big on taste and any one of these beautiful, close-up photos - whether it's a Lobster Roll or Artisanal Grilled Cheese - will have you drooling for a sandwich. As Russo asks in her intro, "Have you had a sandwich today?" After reading this book, you'll have plenty more reasons to say "Yes!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Apple Pie Crescent Roll Ups are the easiest way to get your apple pie fix without the trouble of actually making a whole apple pie.… Continue reading: "Apple Pie Crescent Roll Upsvideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats RecipeLion Cookbook
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- The Biggest Loser Flavors of the World Cookbook Review
- The Flying Brownie Review
- Enter to Win a Copy of Amish Cooks Across America!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Zuppa Toscana
- Boo Batter No Churn Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Cocktail
- Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
- Homemade Eggnog
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Bread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes