Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Family Favorites Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This cookbook does a great job of balancing the unique with the everyday. On one hand, the family favorites aspect really shines here in that I could see even the pickiest of eaters in my family enjoying these offerings. On the other hand, I like that this cookbook goes beyond typical slow cooker fare and explores the territory beyond simple soups and bland roasts. The recipes are all easy to read, and I liked that the author's voice really shines throughout the volume. If you are looking for some fun new ways to use your slow cooker, then Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Family Favorites by Beth Hensperger is for you."
"The Not Your Mother’s cookbook series has released another gem in their reliable line of slow-cooker recipes with their “family-favorites” edition. With its simple, easy-to-navigate layout, this book gives you only the information you need to create recipes that will service the entire family. You start by taking a course in “Slow-Cooking 101” so you know exactly how you’re supposed to use your machine to its fullest. With some surprising categories, including breakfast and salads, you’ll have to start looking for reasons not to use your slow-cooker. These recipes are prefect for the anyone on a time crunch, and let’s face it, between driving the kids to soccer practice, paying the bills, finishing the laundry, and everything else, you’re always on a time crunch. With Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Family Favorites, you’ll soon forget you ever cooked any other way."
"As a relative newcomer to the world of slow cooking, I have to say that Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Family Favorites quickly became my kitchen bible. I've used it for everything from slow cooking basics (the "Slow-Cooking 101" section is super helpful for newbies like me!) to interesting recipes to whip up for family get-togethers. The dips and fondues are great, easy dishes for informal parties and the standards like chili and macaroni are great for weeknight family cooking. But some of my favorite recipes in the entire collection were the ones I never would have dreamed could be made in a slow cooker -- things like enchilada casserole, quiche and even hamburgers!
Aside from the wide variety of recipes included in Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Family Favorites, the other thing I loved about this cookbook was the author. Her voice is clear and easy to understand; you can definitely tell that she knows her way around a kitchen... and a slow cooker! She offers a lot of practical tips throughout the cookbook and really guides you through each recipe so you don't have to worry if you're not a slow cooking expert. Anyone new to this genre of cooking should check out this cookbook; it's a great beginner guide full of plenty of amazing slow cooker recipes!"
"Beth Hensperger’s Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Family Favorites is a gem among the Not Your Mother’s series. The cookbook is a great basic guide for anyone looking for a variety of recipes they can make in their slow cooker. The book includes slow cooking tips, recipes for hot drinks, dips, breakfast, main dishes, soups, sides and more. It even includes recipes for slow cooker salads! The cookbook includes a section, Slow-Cooking 101, with great tips on slow cooker sizes, a guide on adapting conventional oven times to slow cooker cooking times, information on prepping individual ingredients and more. Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Family Favorites is an easy-to-read manual for anyone testing their taste buds with slow cooker recipes."
"So many great recipes, so little time! Beth Hensperger's Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Family Favorites is a fantastic addition to her "Not Your Mother's" series. Hensperger crafts recipes in a clear style that's easy for any home cook to follow. The recipe introductions shed light onto her cooking journey are a great slice of life. Try your hand at revamping old family favorites with this thoughtful and fun cook book."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
You can never go wrong with a loaded baked potato recipe. This Easy Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Potato really puts easy baked potatoes in… Continue reading: "Easy Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Potatoesvideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats RecipeLion Cookbook
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Everyday Dinner Ideas: 103 Easy Recipes for Chicken, Pasta, and Other Dishes Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 10 Minutes Chicken Curry
- Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- 20 Amazing Healthy Gluten Free Recipes
- Recipes With Bulgarian Yogurt (bulgarian Yogurt Recipes)
- 9 Nourishing Meals And Stress Relievers With Adaptogenic Herbs
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes