Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 13.5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (or more, enough for it to turn pink)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onions in the butter until translucent.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in milk, cooking over mediun heat, sirring until it forms a thickened sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients including the eggs and correect the seasonings.
Serve over hot white rice. I like to sprinkle it with a little minced scallion.